Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Pain Support


Let's talk pain management. I'm talking about sore muscles from working out, sore feet from standing all day, and shoulder and neck stiffness from sitting at a computer for long periods of time.

One simple change you can make is a Epsom Salt Soak. You can just soak your feet or take a whole body soak in the tub.
Get the simple Epsom Salt from the pharmacy. I don't recommend any of that fancy stuff. I actually strongly discourage the use of any of the stuff with anything added to it. Well, unless you get it locally made from someone you trust.

Allow yourself some time to relax. Maybe Netflix and soak (your feet). If you're doing a foot soak you can just use a dish drainer tub. Put about a quarter to a third cup of Epsom Salt in, and add enough water to cover your feet. Get the water as hot as you can stand it.

If you opt for the bathtub soak, add about a scant cup of Epsom Salt to hot water. Again as hot as you can stand it.

I know there aren't any official scientific studies out there on if, how, or why this works. I also know that I have done soaks with Epsom Salt and without, and I feel so much better with.

Sometimes, I have been in a lot of pain after strenuous work all day, and the aches were keeping me from getting to sleep. I soak for up to a half hour, and I always feel better before I'm done with the soak.

No comments: